Peter Kramer

Peter Kramer
Thank you for your service.

14 words

14 words
We do for the love of our people.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Guest article about immigration

"Here is a situation that I discovered the other day through a personal encounter. I have a question for the Immigration Department and a question for any who read this.
The other day as I was walking to my workplace I saw standing outside my workplaces gate a Chinese individual who was delivering food. (a Chinese food deliveryman)
I asked him did he wish to enter my workplace and if so to follow me to another door. He responded in broken English ' I don’t speak English', 'I don’t speak English'.
So I motion him to follow me and led him into my workplace where he delivered some Chinese food to a guest of the business. Any communication between us was down to hand signals and one word dialogue 'come'.
He delivered the food to the guest speaking in mandarin and then had to ask the guest in mandarin 'how do I leave' which was translated into English for my sake.
I led him out of the building".
Now here comes my question to Immigration.
How the hell did he get into the country and get a work visa? Are you guys sleeping on the job? How much are they bribing you to give them a visa?
The same questions needs to be directed to us as a country too.
How does someone who can’t speak enough English to communicate with someone on the street come into our country and get a work visa?
Is this what our immigration policy has come down to?
Is this person an example of the highly educated and skilled people that we are letting into our country?
Maybe he paid ten million dollars to what, become a delivery boy?
Is he an illegal? Possibly, if so then how did he come into the country? Walk across the border? Oh, maybe he drove a Combi van and sang hippie songs from the 60's.
Why isn't our Government checking on this issue or is this one of the Chinese Chefs that our Government 'has to' allow into our country each year under the free trade agreement with China.
What will they send us next 'Military Band Leaders'?
This situation needs to end as if we are multicultural than NZ does not have one culture (A NZ one), and if we cant communicate with people living in our country then how do we know when one of them is shouting 'fire', 'fire', there is a fire in my house?
So finally 'Immigration', what is your excuse for not doing your job properly?

1 comment:

  1. I AGREE NZ IMMIGRATION NEEDS TO WAKE UP AN START DOING THERE JOBS PROPERLY BEFORE NZ IS OVER RUN WITH PEOPLE THAT DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH

    ReplyDelete